The University of Chicago
- Ph.D. in Physics, () — Thesis advisor: Robert M. Wald
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- M.Sc. and B.Sc. in Physics, () — Thesis advisor: Sayan Kar
- Raman Research Institute, Bengaluru, India (–present)
Postdoctoral scholar & Assistant project scientist
- University of California, Santa Barbara (–
- CLASSE, Cornell University (–)
Research and teaching assistant
- The University of Chicago (–)
Honours & Awards
- Gregor Wentzel Research Prize, Department of Physics, The University of Chicago ().
- Blue Apple award for best student talk, Midwest Relativity Meeting, ().
- Jerry Rao Fellowship ()
- Working Internships in Science and Engineering scholarship, German Academic Exchange Service ().
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana scholarship, The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India ().
Professional Activites & Service
- American Physical Society ( – present): Division of Gravitational Physics (DGRAV) and Division of Particles and Fields (DPF).
- Seminar Organizer (Fall 2020 – Summer 2021): High Energy and Gravity Seminars at UCSB.
- Referee: Physical Review D (PRD), Physical Review Letters (PRL), Physics Letters B (PLB), Journal of High Energy Physics (JHEP), Classical and Quantum Gravity (CQG), Proceedings of the Royal Society A, SciPost, The European Physical Journal C (EPJC).
List of Publications
- M. Magdy Ali Mohamed, KP and J. A. Valiente Kroon, BMS-supertranslation charges at the critical sets of null infinity, [arXiv:2311.07294].
- D. X. Nguyen, KP, A. C. Balram and A. Gromov, Supergravity model of the Haldane-Rezayi fractional quantum Hall state, Phys. Rev. B 107 125119 (, [arXiv:2212.00686].
- KP, G. Satishchandran and R. M. Wald, Infrared finite scattering theory in quantum field theory and quantum gravity, Phys. Rev. D 106 066005 (, [arXiv:2203.14334].
- KP, A novel supersymmetric extension of BMS symmetries at null infinity, Phys. Rev. D 105 064054 (, [arXiv:2112.07186].
- KP, A twistorial description of BMS symmetries at null infinity, Phys. Rev. D 105 024018 (, [arXiv:2111.00478].
- KP and I. Shehzad, Conservation of asymptotic charges from past to future null infinity: Lorentz charges in general relativity, JHEP 08 029 (, [arXiv:2110.04900].
- A. M. Grant, KP and I. Shehzad, The Wald-Zoupas prescription for asymptotic charges at null infinity in general relativity, Class. Quant. Grav. 39 085002 (, [arXiv:2105.05919].
- B. Bonga and KP, BMS-like symmetries in cosmology, Phys. Rev. D 102 104043 (, [arXiv:2009.01243].
- KP and I. Shehzad, Asymptotic symmetries and charges at spatial infinity in general relativity, Class. Quant. Grav. 37 165008 (, [arXiv:1912.04305].
- B. Bonga, A. M. Grant and KP, Angular momentum at null infinity in Einstein-Maxwell theory, Phys. Rev. D 101 044013 (, [arXiv:1911.04514].
- É. É. Flanagan, KP and I. Shehzad, Extensions of the asymptotic symmetry algebra of general relativity, JHEP 02 002 (, [arXiv:1910.04557].
- V. Chandrasekaran and KP, Symmetries, charges and conservation laws at causal diamonds in general relativity, JHEP 10 229 (, [arXiv:1908.00017].
- KP, Conservation of asymptotic charges from past to future null infinity: Supermomentum in general relativity, JHEP 03 148 (, [arXiv:1902.08200].
- KP, Conservation of asymptotic charges from past to future null infinity: Maxwell fields, JHEP 10 113 (, [arXiv:1808.07863].
- V. Chandrasekaran, É. É. Flanagan and KP, Symmetries and charges of general relativity at null boundaries, JHEP 11 125 (, [arXiv:1807.11499].
- KP and R. M. Wald, Canonical Energy and Hertz Potentials for Perturbations of Schwarzschild Spacetime, Class. Quant. Grav. 35 235004 (, [arXiv:1807.09883].
- KP and L. C. Stein, Black hole scalar charge from a topological horizon integral in Einstein-dilaton-Gauss-Bonnet gravity, Phys. Rev. D 98 021503(R) (, [arXiv:1805.02668].
- KP and M. M. Roberts, Electrons and composite Dirac fermions in the lowest Landau level, [arXiv:1709.02814].
- KP and R. M. Wald, Stability of stationary-axisymmetric black holes in vacuum general relativity to axisymmetric electromagnetic perturbations, Class. Quant. Grav. 35 015009 (, [arXiv:1708.03248].
- M. Geracie, KP and M. M. Roberts, Physical stress, mass, and energy for non‑relativistic matter, JHEP 06 089 (, [arXiv:1609.06729].
- KP, The First Law of Black Hole Mechanics for Fields with Internal Gauge Freedom, Class. Quant. Grav. 34 035011 (, [arXiv:1511.00388].
- KP, J. S. Schiffrin and R. M. Wald, A Variational Principle for the Axisymmetric Stability of Rotating Relativistic Stars, Class. Quant. Grav. 33 185007 (, [arXiv:1606.00859].
- M. Geracie, KP and M. M. Roberts, Covariant effective action for a Galilean invariant quantum Hall system, JHEP 09 092 (), [arXiv:1603.08934].
- M. Geracie, KP and M. M. Roberts, Curved non‑relativistic spacetimes, Newtonian gravitation and massive matter, J. Math. Phys. 56 103505 (), [arXiv:1503.02682].
- M. Geracie, KP and M. M. Roberts, Fields and fluids on curved non‑relativistic spacetimes, JHEP 08 042 (), [arXiv:1503.02680].
- KP and R. M. Wald, Black Hole Instabilities and Exponential Growth, Commun. Math. Phys. 340 253–290 (), [arXiv:1501.02522].
- N. Dadhich, J. M. Pons and KP, On the static Lovelock black holes, Gen. Rel. Grav. 45 1131–1144 (), [arXiv:1201.4994].
- S. Das, KP and S. Kar, Higher order geometric flows on three dimensional locally homogeneous spaces, J. Math. Phys. 54 013509 (), [arXiv:1108.0526].
- N. Dadhich, J. M. Pons and KP, Thermodynamical universality of the Lovelock black holes, Gen. Rel. Grav. 44 2595–2601 (), [arXiv:1110.0673].
- KP, S. Das and S. Kar, On higher order geometric and renormalisation group flows, J. Geom. and Phys. 61 1854–1867 (), [arXiv:1002.3464].
- S. Das, KP and S. Kar, Ricci flow of unwarped and warped product manifolds, Int. J. Geom. Meth. Mod. Phys. 07 837–856 (), [arXiv:0908.1295].
- KP and N. Dadhich, Energetics of a rotating charged black hole in 5‑dimensional supergravity, Phys. Rev. D 81 024011 (), [arXiv:0902.3079].