The University of Chicago
- Ph.D. in Physics, () — Thesis advisor: Robert M. Wald
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- M.Sc. and B.Sc. in Physics, () — Thesis advisor: Sayan Kar
- University of California, Santa Barbara (–present)
- CLASSE, Cornell University (–)
Research and teaching assistant
- The University of Chicago (–)
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA(–)
- worked on asymptotic symmetries (with B. Bonga, A. M. Grant, I. Shehzad and É. É. Flanagan), conservation laws in General Relativity, symmetries and charges at null boundaries and black hole horizons (with V. Chandrasekaran and É. É. Flanagan), conservation laws at causal diamonds (with V. Chandrasekaran), and scalar charge in Einstein-dilaton-Gauß-Bonnet gravity (with L. C. Stein).
The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA(–)
- worked on the first law of black hole mechanics, instability of black holes and stars in General Relativity (with J. S. Schiffrin and R. M. Wald), and the geometric formulation of non‑relativistic spacetimes, Newtonian gravity and matter fields (with M. Geracie and M. M. Roberts).
IUCAA, Pune, India()
- studied properties of black holes in higher dimensional gravitational theories (with N. Dadhich).
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India(–)
- worked on properties of Ricci and higher order renormalisation flows on manifolds (with S. Kar).
Albert Einstein Institute, Potsdam‑Golm, Germany()
- studied the dimensional reduction formalism in axisymmetric spacetimes (with L. Andersson).
Honours & Awards
- Gregor Wentzel Research Prize, Department of Physics, The University of Chicago ().
- Blue Apple award for best student talk, Midwest Relativity Meeting, ().
- Jerry Rao Fellowship ()
- Working Internships in Science and Engineering scholarship, German Academic Exchange Service ().
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana scholarship, The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India ().
List of Publications
- KP, G. Satishchandran and R. M. Wald, Infrared finite scattering theory in quantum field theory and quantum gravity, [arXiv:2203.14334].
- KP, A novel supersymmetric extension of BMS symmetries at null infinity, Phys. Rev. D 105 064054 (, [arXiv:2112.07186].
- KP, A twistorial description of BMS symmetries at null infinity, Phys. Rev. D 105 024018 (, [arXiv:2111.00478].
- KP and I. Shehzad, Conservation of asymptotic charges from past to future null infinity: Lorentz charges in general relativity, [arXiv:2110.04900].
- A. M. Grant, KP and I. Shehzad, The Wald-Zoupas prescription for asymptotic charges at null infinity in general relativity, Class. Quant. Grav. 39 085002 (, [arXiv:2105.05919].
- B. Bonga and KP, BMS-like symmetries in cosmology, Phys. Rev. D 102 104043 (, [arXiv:2009.01243].
- KP and I. Shehzad, Asymptotic symmetries and charges at spatial infinity in general relativity, Class. Quant. Grav. 37 165008 (, [arXiv:1912.04305].
- B. Bonga, A. M. Grant and KP, Angular momentum at null infinity in Einstein-Maxwell theory, Phys. Rev. D 101 044013 (, [arXiv:1911.04514].
- É. É. Flanagan, KP and I. Shehzad, Extensions of the asymptotic symmetry algebra of general relativity, JHEP 02 002 (, [arXiv:1910.04557].
- V. Chandrasekaran and KP, Symmetries, charges and conservation laws at causal diamonds in general relativity, JHEP 10 229 (, [arXiv:1908.00017].
- KP, Conservation of asymptotic charges from past to future null infinity: Supermomentum in general relativity, JHEP 03 148 (, [arXiv:1902.08200].
- KP, Conservation of asymptotic charges from past to future null infinity: Maxwell fields, JHEP 10 113 (, [arXiv:1808.07863].
- V. Chandrasekaran, É. É. Flanagan and KP, Symmetries and charges of general relativity at null boundaries, JHEP 11 125 (, [arXiv:1807.11499].
- KP and R. M. Wald, Canonical Energy and Hertz Potentials for Perturbations of Schwarzschild Spacetime, Class. Quant. Grav. 35 235004 (, [arXiv:1807.09883].
- KP and L. C. Stein, Black hole scalar charge from a topological horizon integral in Einstein-dilaton-Gauss-Bonnet gravity, Phys. Rev. D 98 021503(R) (, [arXiv:1805.02668].
- KP and M. M. Roberts, Electrons and composite Dirac fermions in the lowest Landau level, [arXiv:1709.02814].
- KP and R. M. Wald, Stability of stationary-axisymmetric black holes in vacuum general relativity to axisymmetric electromagnetic perturbations, Class. Quant. Grav. 35 015009 (, [arXiv:1708.03248].
- M. Geracie, KP and M. M. Roberts, Physical stress, mass, and energy for non‑relativistic matter, JHEP 06 089 (, [arXiv:1609.06729].
- KP, The First Law of Black Hole Mechanics for Fields with Internal Gauge Freedom, Class. Quant. Grav. 34 035011 (, [arXiv:1511.00388].
- KP, J. S. Schiffrin and R. M. Wald, A Variational Principle for the Axisymmetric Stability of Rotating Relativistic Stars, Class. Quant. Grav. 33 185007 (, [arXiv:1606.00859].
- M. Geracie, KP and M. M. Roberts, Covariant effective action for a Galilean invariant quantum Hall system, JHEP 09 092 (), [arXiv:1603.08934].
- M. Geracie, KP and M. M. Roberts, Curved non‑relativistic spacetimes, Newtonian gravitation and massive matter, J. Math. Phys. 56 103505 (), [arXiv:1503.02682].
- M. Geracie, KP and M. M. Roberts, Fields and fluids on curved non‑relativistic spacetimes, JHEP 08 042 (), [arXiv:1503.02680].
- KP and R. M. Wald, Black Hole Instabilities and Exponential Growth, Commun. Math. Phys. 340 253–290 (), [arXiv:1501.02522].
- N. Dadhich, J. M. Pons and KP, On the static Lovelock black holes, Gen. Rel. Grav. 45 1131–1144 (), [arXiv:1201.4994].
- S. Das, KP and S. Kar, Higher order geometric flows on three dimensional locally homogeneous spaces, J. Math. Phys. 54 013509 (), [arXiv:1108.0526].
- N. Dadhich, J. M. Pons and KP, Thermodynamical universality of the Lovelock black holes, Gen. Rel. Grav. 44 2595–2601 (), [arXiv:1110.0673].
- KP, S. Das and S. Kar, On higher order geometric and renormalisation group flows, J. Geom. and Phys. 61 1854–1867 (), [arXiv:1002.3464].
- S. Das, KP and S. Kar, Ricci flow of unwarped and warped product manifolds, Int. J. Geom. Meth. Mod. Phys. 07 837–856 (), [arXiv:0908.1295].
- KP and N. Dadhich, Energetics of a rotating charged black hole in 5‑dimensional supergravity, Phys. Rev. D 81 024011 (), [arXiv:0902.3079].